Complications after liposuction include bleeding, wound suppuration, inflammation, fat embolism, and asymmetry. Dimples and uneven areas may occur due to incomplete contraction of the skin or irregular cicatrization in the fatty tissue, etc.
However, the ten-year experience of the GRACE Centre doctors who use the high-quality technologies and medications and pay increased attention to safety minimise the likelihood of the above-mentioned risks at GRACE.
Specific aspects of the postoperative period
- During first 2 days, a patient should stay in the inpatient unit a hospital and have rest. In the case of painful sensations, the doctor prescribes her painkillers. Also, it is necessary to take an additional amount of liquid in the form of mineral water (without gas), juices, or fruit drinks.
- During 1 week, it is recommended to avoid intense physical exertion as well as sleeping on the back. It is required to avoid rough bending and turning of the trunk or lifting weights as this can lead to increased swelling and soreness.
- During 2-3 weeks after operation, it is necessary to exclude fatty, spicy, strongly salted, and fried food as well as alcoholic beverages and exotic fruits from the diet.
- During 2-3 weeks, it is required to wear special compression underwear.
- During 2 months after operation, it is not allowed attending steam bath, sauna, solarium and spending much time in the sun. Also, active sports including swimming are not recommended during this period.
During rehabilitation, the patients should include food rich in vitamins, micronutrients and all necessary substances in their diet.