Any surgical intervention requires careful preparation. For an effective correction of the undesired facial contours, it is necessary to undergo a preoperative stage and exclude all contraindications, namely:
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Decompensated cardiovascular pathology;
- Blood clotting disorders;
- Inflammatory infectious diseases;
- Purulent diseases of the oral cavity;
Based on the detailed examination by the doctor and the results of additional studies and taking into account the patient’ desires, an individual treatment program is created. Future changes are simulated on the computer that makes it possible to provide a general view of the face after the plastic surgery of the cheekbones. Subsequently, the most suitable method of plastic surgery is selected. The anestesia depends on the operation extent. Usually, local anesthesia is used.
After performing the plastic surgery of the cheekbones, during the first 7 days of the rehabilitation period, there will be bruising, swelling, and pain in the area ofthe postoperative wound. Strict adherence to the given recommendations by patients will significantly shorten the duration of recovery.
- Balanced diet. During the first week, the liquid food consumption is required.
- Avoiding intense chewing. Any mechanical effect on the postoperative wound can worsen the result.
- Periodic rinsing of the mouth with antiseptics, especially after meal.
- No cosmetic procedures in the face area.
- Avoiding attending of swimming pool, steam bath, sauna, solarium.
- Limited physical exercises.
In severe pain syndrome, painkillers can be used. The stitches are removed in 7-10 days. The postoperative period lasts 2 weeks. In 1 month, the result after the malarplasty can be estimated. The final result becomes visible in 6 months.